It's been so long since we've posted a product review. When you become an advanced natural it becomes easy to spot products that will work for you and ones that won't. However, I've been holding on to this Beautiful Textures Curl Definer for a long time, I thought I'd give it a try. Let me get into it.
As you can see, Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Styling Custard is very watery. Usually, with my 4b hair, I shy away from products that have a watery, loose consistency. However, I'm attempting to go heat free and I want to see what my curls can do. So I attempted a wet-set using the Beatiful Textures product.
The label touts 'amazing manageability for curly, wavy, and kinky-curly hair' and I was looking for defined curls with my twist-outs. The label also says it's NON-FLAKING and will stretch curls - all attributes I was looking forward to experiencing when trying a new product. Take a look below at our QUICK new product review guide.
- Product: Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Custard
- Price: Between $6-$8
- Where Purchased: I was gifted this product, but you can purchase from Wal-mart.
- PRO: Great price for amount of product, lightly scented, easy to use
- CON: Left my 4B hair flaky and crunchy, left too much residue in my hair and NO curl definition, left hair DRY and un-managable (I had to wash it again just to get product out of my hair).
- Curl Standard (1-5 curls): I give this product 2 CURLS. I wouldn't recommend this product to people with Type 4 hair.