Do you wear mini-twists? Do you get bored wearing your twists down? Below are a couple of styles I wear once I install my mini-twists - Here are a few style ideas.
- Divide your hair into three sections.
- For each section, twist both sides of hair to the hair back of your head, then secure into a ponytail.
- Center your ponytails above each other to hide the bands et voila! A cute faux-hawk.
- Create a hump in the front to give your style a little pizzazz.
- Take 3 (or more) sections.
- Twist each section from one side to the other. This can be a two strand flat twist (above), or a roll.
- Secure ends of flat twists with a hair pin to create a side-swept look.
Preppy pin back
- Create a part separating the top and bottom halves of hair.
- On the top half, gather twists on one side, and twist back towards the center of hair. Secure with hair pin, or clip.
- Repeat on other side. (the pin is showing in the photo on purpose. You can hide yours behind twists.
Chunky Half-Braided Style
- Chunky braids at the top make this style a little more appealing.
- The key to achieving this look is to pin the twists at the bottom of the braid UP instead of down. That way it looks like you have something of a pin-up when viewed from the back.