So, I recently scaled down my hair regimen. I used to spend almost 4 hours on Saturday morning managing and manipulating my hair. My routine went something like this:
- Wet with leave-in conditioner
- Wash with shampoo
- De-tangle again in the shower
- Add conditioner in the shower
- Wait 2 minutes
- Rinse Conditioner out
- Add deep conditioner
- Sit under the dryer for 30 mins
- Rinse conditioner
- Rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar rinse
- Dry with old t-shirt
- Seal with Olive Oil and Coconut Oil
- Two-Strand Twist
- Add rollers to two strand twists
- Sit under dryer for what seemed like forever waiting for my hair to dry
- Hair is dried, remove rollers
- Remove two strand twists
- Then at night, I'd have to repeat twist my hair again so that it would shrink (I sweat at night).
I clipped my ends (taking off almost a half inch) which decreased my de-tangling time. I started moisturizing my hair daily. I started banding or pineapple-ing my hair every night to keep definition. I've tried to pull back on using heating elements on my hair so as to retain moisture. I co-wash some weeks and do the whole she-bang on other weeks. And sometimes . . . I may have a LAZY week! I may not do those things, I may just let my hair rest, doing it's thing, rising to the sky or shrinking to the roots. Lastly, I really worked on finding one product line that can give me what I need. You all know my favorite line is NuNaat Karite Special Shea Products.
So, have you recently scaled down your haircare routine or added some steps? Let's discuss!