Long ago I used to take a vitamin specifically for Hair, Skin, and Nails. I purchased it from Wild Oats Food Market, it was all organic, and it cost a grip, but I was convinced it would work. Truthfully, my nails were stronger, my skin was a bit brighter, but I don't remember my hair doing anything different. Oh yeah, TMI, I was bit constipated. So, I stopped taking the vitamin.
Now, being natural, I was thinking of taking a vitamin to encourage my hair growth. Check out this random fact found on the Internet:
Hair growth vitamins are organic compounds that are essential for healthy hair growth. These vitamins should be included in your diet as natural food sources or supplements:
- Hair growth vitamins are vitamins A, C, E and B-complex.
- Major natural sources of vitamin A are eggs, spinach, meat, fish liver oil, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, apricots and peaches.
- Citrus fruits, kiwi, pineapple and dark green vegetables are chief sources of vitamin C.
- Another crucial of hair growth vitamins is vitamin E. Soybeans, nuts and green leafy vegetables are prime sources of vitamin E.
- From a range of B complex vitamins, mainly vitamin B3, also known as niacin and vitamin B6 are fundamental for healthy hair.
- Fish, chicken, meat and turkey are few sources of Niacin. Vitamin B6 is crucial for preventing hair loss. Whole grain cereals, egg yolk and vegetables are key sources of vitamin B6. (SOURCE)
So, via diet or via vitamin supplements do you get the essential nutrients needed to grow healthy hair? What are your favorite hair growth vitamins? Share in the comments section!